Program Fee Refunds
The Chesterfield Township Leisure Services Department will consider refunds for programs and sports leagues under the following circumstances:
▪ A refund request will be accepted and reviewed by submitting a written Refund Request. A form is available online or in the Chesterfield Leisure Services office. A 10% processing fee ($5 minimum), along with any cost incurred by the Leisure Services Department (uniforms/apparel, supplies, equipment, contractual expenses, etc.), will be assessed to determine the total amount of the refund.
▪ Refund will not be processed for one-time programs, special events, bus trips, ticket sales, adult sports, facility or equipment rentals.
▪ For programs meeting 4 times or less, refund requests must be received prior to the first meeting. For programs and youth sport leagues meeting more often, refund will only be considered prior to the second scheduled program meeting/practice.
▪ Summer Day Camp refunds will only be considered until June 10th of each year. Program costs and material fees will be assessed to determine the refunded amount.
▪ If Chesterfield Leisure Services cancels a program, the participant will receive a refund.
▪ All refund requests are subject to review by the Leisure Services Department and the Treasurer’s Office.
▪ Approved refunds may take up to 8 weeks for reimbursement.
▪ Transaction/convenience fees for all payments by credit/debit card are not refundable. ▪ Chesterfield Leisure Services reserves the right to review these procedures and administer refunds in the best interest of participants and by generally approved accounting procedures.
The Chesterfield Township Leisure Services Department will consider refunds for programs and sports leagues under the following circumstances.
1. If a program is cancelled by the Leisure Services Department, the participant will receive a full refund.
2. Refunds cannot be processed for one-time programs, bus trips, ticket sales or special events.
3. For programs meeting three times or less, refunds requests must be made prior to the first meeting.
4. For programs meeting four times or more a refund will be considered prior to the second scheduled program meeting. A refund request will be accepted and reviewed by submitting a Refund Request Form. A processing fee of $5.00 or 10% of the program base price will be assessed to all approved refunds. Additionally, any cost incurred by the Leisure Services Department (uniforms, tickets, apparel, food, supplies, equipment, contractual expenses etc.) will be assessed against the fee to determine the refund. Refunds will not be processed after the second scheduled program meeting.
5. Refunds for in-person registrations will be issued by check from the Finance Department. Please allow approximately 3 to 4 weeks for checks to be issued. Refunds for online registration transactions will be returned to the credit card used for purchase.
6. Refunds to payments issued by check require a 10-day waiting period prior to processing.
7. Transaction/Convenience Fees for payments made by credit card (in-person or online) are non-refundable.
8. In-house credits are not available. If a transfer to another program is requested, the participant will be fully refunded and charged separately for the full fees of the newly requested program.
9. All participant-initiated refund requests should be made in-writing and submitted to Leisure Services Management for approval. Written documentation of the refund request is required to protect the department and the requestor.
10. All refund requests are subject to review by Leisure Services employees and the Treasurer’s Office.
11. Chesterfield Township Department of Leisure Services reserves the right to review these procedures and administer refunds in the best interest of the participants and by generally approved accounting procedures.