Leisure Services are designed to provide the physical, mental, cultural, and social needs of residents and guests. It is our goal to provide a multitude of activities that are affordable, stimulating and comprehensive, and that enhance the quality of life through recreation, enrichment, fitness, athletics, cultural arts, conservation, preservation, and general open space use. It is our mission to accomplish this in a safe, enjoyable, and aesthetically enriching environment for all ages with outstanding service. For more information on all that we offer, please call 586-949-0400 ext. 4 and speak with a staff member!
Policies & Procedures
Pre-registration is required for all formalized activities in the Senior Center and offered through the Leisure Services Department. Registrations are accepted, in-person, at the Chesterfield Township Municipal Offices, 47275 Sugarbush (N. of 21 Mile, S. of Cotton.) Cash, check, credit card or money order is accepted for walk-in payments. The customer will incur a service fee for credit card transactions. Enrollment can be done for most classes and activities by visiting our website at parks.chesterfieldtwp.org. Click the “REGISTER NOW” tab on the left side of the screen. Follow the prompts using your email address for login to the registration system. Facility reservations and select programs are not available online. Call the Leisure Services Department at 586-949-0400 ext. 4 for further information. There is a free-standing Drop Box located in the front circle drive at the Township Municipal Offices for after-hour enrollment. To register by mail or drop-box, enclose a check made payable to Chesterfield Township along with the appropriate registration form. The Leisure Services Department is unable to prorate fees due to late registration or partial attendance. It is the responsibility of the participant to update their phone, email, and address to receive the most current information.
Chesterfield Township Leisure Services will consider refunds for programs and sports leagues under the following circumstances:
• A refund request will be accepted and reviewed by submitting a written refund request. A form is available online or in the Leisure Services Office. Refund requests can also be made by emailing email@example.com. A 10% processing fee ($5 minimum), long with any cost incurred by the Leisure Services Department (uniforms/apparels, supplies, equipment, contractual expenses, etc.), will be assessed to determine the total amount of the refund.
• Refunds will not be processed for one-time programs, special events, bus trips, ticket sales, adult sports, facility or equipment rentals.
• Programs meeting four times or less, refund requests must be received prior to the first meeting. Programs and sports leagues meet- ing more than four times, refunds will be considered prior to the second scheduled program meeting/practice.
• Summer Day Camp refunds will be considered until June 10th of each year. Program costs and materials will be assessed to deter mine the refunded amount.
• If Chesterfield leisure Services cancels a program, the participant will receive a refund. Approved refund may take up to 8 weeks for reimbursement.
• Transaction/convenience fees for all payments by credit/debit card are not refundable.
• Chesterfield Leisure Services reserves the right to review these procedures and administer refunds in the best interest of participants and within approved accounting practices.
Chesterfield Leisure Services reserves the right to cancel an activity or program because of a lack of enrollment or other circumstances beyond its control. If a cancellation is necessary, enrollees will be contacted by phone, and a full refund will be processed.
When the weather calls for enough precipitation to cancel, games, practices, programs and/or special events, cancellations will be posted on our Facebook pages. Follow-us at ‘Chesterfield Township Parks & Recreation or ‘Chesterfield Township Senior Center’. Cancellations will also be available by 586-949-0400 press 4, then 1. The latest the telephone line is updated will be 4:30PM. With the unpredictable nature of weather, outdoor activity participants will need to show up for the activity to determine if it is being canceled.
NOTICE TO ENROLLEES
Instructors and staff members are not permitted to sell any product, service or promote any spiritual or religious activity while performing duties as an instructor, facility member or contracted employee of Chesterfield Township Leisure Services. Literature with commercial content or business cards may not be made available to students unless requested by the participant. Chesterfield Leisure Services and its staff are not responsible for any activities that may take place inside or outside the classroom or off township properties.
Chesterfield Leisure Services frequently takes photos or video images of event and activity participants, visitors to our parks, and persons utilizing our facilities. These photos and video images are the property of the Township and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes.