Policies & Procedures
Pre-registration is required for all formalized activities in the Senior Center and offered through the Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services Department. Registrations are accepted, in-person, at the Chesterfield Township Municipal Offices, 47275 Sugarbush (N. of 21 Mile, S. of Cotton.) Cash, check, credit card or money order is accepted for walk-in payments. The customer will incur a service fee for credit card transactions. Enrollment can be done for most classes and activities by visiting our website at parks.chesterfieldtwp.org. Click the “REGISTER NOW” tab on the left side of the screen. Follow the prompts using your email address for login to the registration system. Facility reservations and select programs are not available online. Call the Leisure Services Department at 586-949-0400 ext. 4 for further information. There is a free-standing Drop Box located in the front circle drive at the Township Municipal Offices for after-hour enrollment. To register by mail or drop-box, enclose a check made payable to Chesterfield Township along with the appropriate registration form. Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services is unable to prorate fees due to late registration or partial attendance. It is the responsibility of the participant to update their phone, email, and address to receive the most current information.
Chesterfield Township Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services will consider refunds for programs and sports leagues under the following circumstances:
• A refund request will be accepted and reviewed by submitting a written refund request. A form is available online or in the Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services Office. Refund requests can also be made by emailing email@example.com. A 10% processing fee ($5 minimum), long with any cost incurred by the Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services Department (uniforms/apparels, supplies, equipment, contractual expenses, etc.), will be assessed to determine the total amount of the refund.
• Refunds will not be processed for one-time programs, special events, bus trips, ticket sales, adult sports, facility or equipment rentals.
• Programs meeting four times or less, refund requests must be received prior to the first meeting. Programs and sports leagues meet- ing more than four times, refunds will be considered prior to the second scheduled program meeting/practice.
• Summer Day Camp refunds will be considered until June 10th of each year. Program costs and materials will be assessed to deter mine the refunded amount.
• If Chesterfield leisure Services cancels a program, the participant will receive a refund. Approved refund may take up to 8 weeks for reimbursement.
• Transaction/convenience fees for all payments by credit/debit card are not refundable.
• Chesterfield Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services reserves the right to review these procedures and administer refunds in the best interest of participants and within approved accounting practices.
Chesterfield Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services reserves the right to cancel an activity or program because of a lack of enrollment or other circumstances beyond its control. If a cancellation is necessary, enrollees will be contacted by phone, and a full refund will be processed.
When the weather calls for enough precipitation to cancel, games, practices, programs and/or special events, cancellations will be posted on our Facebook pages. Follow-us at ‘Chesterfield Township Parks & Recreation or ‘Chesterfield Township Senior Center’. Cancellations will also be available by 586-949-0400 press 4, then 1. The latest the telephone line is updated will be 4:30PM. With the unpredictable nature of weather, outdoor activity participants will need to show up for the activity to determine if it is being canceled.
NOTICE TO ENROLLEES
Instructors and staff members are not permitted to sell any product, service or promote any spiritual or religious activity while performing duties as an instructor, facility member or contracted employee of Chesterfield Township Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services. Literature with commercial content or business cards may not be made available to students unless requested by the participant. Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services and its staff are not responsible for any activities that may take place inside or outside the classroom or off township properties.
Chesterfield Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services frequently takes photos or video images of event and activity participants, visitors to our parks, and persons utilizing our facilities. These photos and video images are the property of the Township and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes.